Kepler is a community of software developers building open software to help make Lua a viable option for development of web applications. Kepler was originally started by Fábrica Digital and PUC-Rio in 2004 but has had many other contributors since . While it initially was deployed as unified web platform, it has evolved into a collection of separate projects using a common set of standards. Most of the projects use LuaRocks for installing components and many use WSAPI as the server API.
Applications and Frameworks
WSAPI - an API that abstracts the web host server from Lua web applications; the base for many projects.
Xavante - a Lua Web server that offers a WSAPI interface.
Orbit - an MVC web framework for Lua, based on WSAPI.
Sputnik - a wiki/CMS developed over WSAPI on Kepler Project - for humor and entertainment
Nuts and Bolts
Copas - a dispatcher based on coroutines that can be used by TCP/IP servers.
Cosmo - a "safe templates" engine that protects your application from arbitrary code in the templates.
Coxpcall - encapsulates Lua native
xpcall with coroutine compatible ones.
LuaFileSystem - a portable way to access the underlying directory structure and file attributes.
Rings - a library which provides a way to create new Lua states from within Lua.
- LuaDoc - a documentation generator tool, convenient like for Lua source code
- LuaEclipse - an Eclipse based IDE for Lua
- LuaProfiler - a time profiler for Lua
- LuaRocks - a deployment and management system for Lua modules. Used by most of the other projects here.
- RemDebug - a remote debugger for Lua
These projects are currently looking for maintainers. If you happen to be interested please contact us on the mailing list.
- CGILua - offers LuaPages and LuaScripts web page creation, based on WSAPI but no longer supported. Use Orbit, Sputnik or WSAPI instead.
- LuaExpat - a SAX XML parser based on the Expat library
- LuaLogging - a simple API to use logging features in Lua
- LuaSQL - a simple interface from Lua to various DBMS
- Lua Site - a simple Lua Project
- LuaZip - a library used to read files stored inside zip files
- Lua Blog - a simple site promoting Lua
- MD5/DES56 - MD5 and DES56 basic cryptographic facilities for Lua
Esta página também está disponível em Português