MD5 is free software and uses the same license as Lua.
MD5 version 1.1.2 for Lua 5.1 is now available for download.
MD5 can be downloaded in source code from its LuaForge page. If you are using LuaBinaries 5.1.x, a Windows precompiled version of MD5 can also be found at the same LuaForge page.
You can also install MD5 using LuaRocks:
luarocks install md5
- Version 1.1.2 [12/May/2008]
- Fixed bug in 64-bit systems
- Fixed the Windows makefile to accept longer directory names (patch by Alessandro Hecht and Ignacio Burgueño).
- Version 1.1.1 [28/Nov/2007]
- Added DES56 tests (by Mauricio Bomfim)
- Updated DES56 source to the latest release from Stuart Levy
- Version 1.1.0 [30/Oct/2007]
- Added DES56 crypt/decrypt functions.
- Version 1.0.2 [08/May/2007]
- Added a nmake version for Lua 5.1
- Windows binaries for Lua 5.1.2
- Version 1.0.1 [21/Aug/2006]
- Adapted to work with both Lua 5.0 and Lua 5.1
- Windows binaries for Lua 5.0.3
- Version 1.0.0
- First public version
This Lua version of MD5 was designed and implemented by Roberto Ierusalimschy and Marcela Ozório Suarez (based on the original MD5 by Ron Rivest). The DES 56 C library was implemented by Stuart Levy and uses a MIT license too. The current distribution was packed by Tomás Guisasola and Fábio Mascarenhas as part of the Kepler Project.
For more information please contact us. Comments are welcome!
You can also reach other Kepler developers and users on the Kepler Project mailing list.